- Florida Nursery, Growers, and Landscape Association - FNGLA The voice of all horticulture professionals in the state of Florida, active in marketing, lobbying, education and research.
- South Carolina Nursery and Landscape Association - SCNLA An association of nurserymen, landscapers and allied vendors in the state of South Carolina.
- Georgia Green Industry Association - GGIA An association of growers, retailers, lawn maintenance people, landscapers, and allied suppliers in the state of Georgia.
- Florida Highway Beautification Council - FHBC The council judges state highway beautification grant applications and awards millions of dollars each year to the winning beautification projects.
- Wholesale Nursery Growers of America - WNGA This branch of ANLA caters to the needs of wholesale growers all over the United States.
- Perennial Plant Association - PPA A national group that meets once a year in different parts of the country to share information about and promote the use of perennials.
- North Florida Botanical Society - NFBS A group of supporters of Kanapaha Botanical Gardens in Gainesville Fl that helps plan the growth and future direction of the gardens.
- International Plant Propagators Society - IPPS An international group of nurserymen and educators dedicated to sharing knowledge about propagating and growing plants.
- Gainesville Camellia Society - GCS The local arm of the American Camellia Society that actively promotes the greater use of camellias through shows, speakers, and monthly meetings.
- Garden Writers Association - GWA An association of writers of gardening and horticulture articles, books, and scripts.
- Florida Native Plant Society - FNPS This group represents all native plant growers and enthusiasts in the state of Florida and promotes the usage of native landscaping material.
- Association of Florida Native Nurseries - AFNN An organization consisting of Florida growers who specialize in native plants.
- Florida Association of Native Nurseries - The new name for the Association of Florida Native Nurseries, a marketing and lobbying group of Florida native plant growers.
- American Nursery and Landscape Association - ANLA A national organization based in Washington DC catering to the needs of all American growers, retailers, and landscapers with an emphasis on lobbying.
- American Horticultural Society - AHS A collection of plant enthusiasts, both amateur and professional, who share a love of horticulture.
- Alabama Nursery and Landscape Association - ALNLA An association of nurserymen, landscapers, educators, and allied members in the state of Alabama.
- Florida Museum of Natural History - McGuire Center Butterfly Rainforest An amazing museum of Florida's natural history and earliest settlers along with a 3-story tall butterfly enclosure filled with tropical plants and waterfalls, located on the University of Florida campus.
Photo: Harold Strom, Pete Sommer, Alan Shapiro, Jun Gomez at Field Day at McCorkle Nursery's UGA Research Center